Thursday, July 16, 2015

My BiFan Schedule for Day 9: Saturday, July 25

I will see five films today, but I won't know what two of them are until BiFan announces its award winners on Friday night. The festival schedules its award winners for encore screenings on its final Saturday and Sunday. If I have already seen the winners, I will opt for other titles. If I haven't, I'll see what all the hubbub is about. I'll update here when things shake out.

One of the three films that I will definitely see on this day is the Japanese suspense thriller Nowhere Girl, from Ghost in the Shell director Mamuro Oshii. An art school student with a troubled past lets loose with martial arts and machine guns in this trailer, and I'm itching to find out why!



I'm also headed for Sweet Home, a stylish Spanish/Polish horror film that looks to have home invasion and slasher elements. Why the protagonist would want to have a romantic surprise birthday dinner in an abandoned building is beyond me, but hey, it's a fine set-up for a fright flick.



Oh my, I am pumped for Belgian horror movie Cub! I have been waiting for this one since I first heard about it a few months ago. I don't want to know anything more about it going in than this fantastic trailer shows!

















No comments:

Post a Comment