Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Magazines, Mummies, Movies, and More!



Here's what's new lately in my writing and podcasting ventures. I hope you find lots of things to your liking! 

The debut issue of Gruesome Magazine's quarterly print magazine is now available at gruesomemagazine.com in both digital and hard-copy formats. Be a part of history and grab this collector's edition while you can! My article is the first of two installments in which I interview Mexican auteur Isaac Ezban, whose first two films, The Incident and The Similars, are amazing science fiction/horror hybrids that will twist your mind into knots. My Uphill Both Ways podcast co-host Mike Imboden checks in with a very cool article about the making of Found Footage 3D, and there are several other great features in this issue as well.

Meanwhile, my fellow Grue-Crew members and I are hard at work on putting our second issue together. Here' a sneak peek at the cover:


Speaking of Uphill Both Ways, Mike and I are having a blast recording each episode, and we hope it shows when listeners tune in. You can check out all of our episodes so far at http://www.whenitwascool.com/up-hill-both-ways-podcast/. We want to thank Karl and Tonya Stern of the super-fun retro pop culture website When It Was Cool for exclusively hosting the podcast for us. Take a look at the site for all kinds of interesting articles (some written by yours truly) and podcasts, from professional wrestling to comic books, music to movies, toys to television, incredible recipes, and tons more.

The latest episode of my other podcast, Decades of Horror: The Classic Era, just dropped while I was updating my blog! My co-hosts and I cover the 1932 version of The Mummy with Boris Karloff. You can check it out here, and get caught up with our 10 previous episodes here.

I should have two, if not three, articles in the new issue of Phantom of the Movies' VideoScope magazine (videoscopemag.com) when it hits mailboxes and bookstores next month. I'll update about that once the issue is available.

Please check out another pop culture nostalgia site for which I write, That's Not Current (thatsnotcurrent.com). I also have recent film reviews for two of the United Kingdom's finest horror magazines and websites. You can read my review of the vampire movie Aaron's Blood at Scream (screamhorrormag.com) and, my review of the Italian superhero film They Call me Jeeg (and more) at Diabolique (diaboliquemagazine.com).

Thanks, as always, for reading and listening! I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment